That Sugar Movement Early Learning Toolkit
Early learning centres offer an ideal environment in which to influence the eating habits of our youngest generations, with children receiving up to 80% of their daily nutrition requirements whilst in your care.
Constructed around key messages from That Sugar Film, this teaching resource is designed to inform and engage educators, kitchen staff, children and parents. Its aim is to increase sugar awareness, to improve the nutrition and health of children, and to establish a firm foundation for healthy food choices.
Available as a physical resource, the guide is to assist educators in delivering the content to the children through engaging activities. The content is delivered in modules, covering three key topics in children’s nutrition:
- Fruit & vegetables
This complete toolkit has been designed in conjunction with our nutritionists and early learning experts and includes a collection of kid-friendly, nutritious recipes. In addition, each module contains a learning activity that can be linked to Early Years Learning Framework Outcomes.
Included in this Toolkit:
- An educators' folder of module content and activities.
- That Sugar Film DVD - A must watch for staff and parents!
- Tools and Planning templates to help evaluate food and nutrition programs at your centre.
- A collection of kid-friendly recipes for your centre, to aid meal planning.
- Access to additional online digital resources.
- PLUS 20x recipe booklets for parents to use at home.
Additional recipe books can be purchased separately in packs of 20. They make a great fundraiser, sell them to your families and community!